Our office uses the latest technology in laser dentistry. Dr Marilyn Machusick and her staff are able to provide patients quick, comfortable, and pain-free soft tissue dental treatments with our diode laser. Laser dentistry has numerous advantages. Procedures performed with the soft tissue laser often don’t require stitches. Many procedures do not require anesthesia. Laser dentistry minimizes bleeding and swelling during many soft tissue treatments.
Soft Tissue (Gum) Laser Dentistry Procedures:
- Crown Lengthening: Dental lasers can reshape gum tissue to expose healthier tooth structure. Referred to as crown lengthening, such reshaping provides a stronger foundation for the placement of restorations.
- Gummy Smile: Dental lasers can reshape gum tissue to expose healthy tooth structure and improve the appearance of a gummy smile. This is often performed after orthodontic treatment.
- Muscle Attachment (Frenula): A laser frenectomy is an ideal treatment option for children who are tongue tied (restricted or tight frenulum) and babies unable to breast feed adequately due to limited tongue movement. A laser frenectomy may also help to eliminate speech impediments.
- Soft Tissue Folds (Epulis): Dental lasers may be used for the painless and suture-free removal of soft tissue folds often caused by ill-fitting dentures.
- Benign Tumors: Dental lasers may be used for the painless and suture-free removal of benign tumors from the gums, palate, sides of cheeks and lips.
- Cold Sores: Low intensity dental lasers reduce pain associated with cold sores and minimize healing time.
- Gum disease: Lasers are used to remove diseased, infected, inflamed and necrosed (dead) soft tissue within the periodontal pocket.